Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Master


I decided to watch The Master, it stars Joaquin Phoenix (Signs), Philip Seymour Hoffman (Mission Impossible 3), Amy Adams (Enchanted).  It's about a man who comes home from World War II and meets a man who starts to write a book and begins a following which starts to turn into a sort of cult.  It's very loosely based on Scientology, they don't make any mention of Scientology but after watching it you can see where they were going leading into that theory.  This is a Paul Thomas Anderson movie so it's very artsy and can be very boring at times.  There were a few scenes that pulled me in when they started talking about the methods, hypnosis and what they were trying to accomplish.  Other than that it's not very entertaining.  So I recommend just skipping this one.

I give this movie 2 stars for almost putting me asleep  

No comments:

Post a Comment