Friday, April 26, 2013

Lords Of Salem (2013)


Allright so I watched Lords of Salem last night and I  don’t even know how to sum this movie up for a review but let’s see what I can do.  This is Rob Zombie’s newest horror movie, it’s not so much a horror movie but a just fucked up visual witch fest.  It stars Sheri Moon Zombie (House of 1,000 Corpses), Bruce Davison (X-men), and Dee Wallace (E.T.).  The basic premise is Heidi who is a radio DJ and one day receives what she thinks is a demo from a band but instead is some sort of hidden message from a spell by the Salem witches.  Now this movie is not for most people, unless you’re a fan of Rob Zombie movies.  There is alot of symbolism in this movie, that to the usual viewer would be totally confused.  I’m still confused as to what exactly happened throughout the movie and the ending especially.  There’s a lot of old lady nudity and Sheri Moon’s ass is un-credited but makes an appearance several times. 
So I don’t recommend this movie unless your dead set on going to see it.  It’s very weird and super confusing, I’m sure Rob Zombie had an idea and it sounded great in his head but visually it just doesn’t work for most people.  If you still feel like seeing this it is in some theaters but it didn’t get a full release so you may have to a little road trip to see it.

I give this movie 2 stars, for just in general of being messed up and I wanted to keep watching to see what happened and how everything would play out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment