Friday, April 12, 2013

A Sound of Thunder (2005)



I watched A Sound of Thunder, this is loosely based off a Ray Bradbury short story also titled A Sound of Thunder.  It’s basically the original story that spawned the term The Butterfly Effect (also a very good movie).  It all takes place in 2055 when a company called Time Safari offers customers the chance to travel back to the prehistoric era and actually kill a dinosaur.  So time travel is a thing but it’s governed and has vey strict rules.  They know that if you change one thing in the past it can change the entire future.  Well as you can imagine something does go wrong on one of the expeditions and things start to change.  They have a limited amount of time to find out what happened and fix it before it’s too late.  This movie stars Edward Burns (Man on a Ledge, 27 Dresses), and Ben Kingsley (Iron Man 3).  Now if you watch the movie you have to realize I don’t like it for the visual effects because they are horrible, I mean really really bad.  I liked it for the idea and I love the whole Butterfly Effect premise, which also is the main reason I hope time travel never gets figured out.  I really wish this would have been received better and looked a lot better than it did.  It had a decent budget of 52 million dollars so I don’t why the C.G. and effects looked so bad. 
I did enjoy this movie when it came out and still enjoyed it watching it again but you have to get past the horrible visuals.  I’m not sure if I would exactly recommend it to anybody but if you’ve got nothing to do and it’s on TV. or someone has it to borrow then yeah check it out. 

I give this movie a 3.0 because it’s really hard to ignore all the crappy C.G. but I still enjoyed the story




No comments:

Post a Comment